Dog Babies

So, I guess we've entered "Baby Phase", you know how a couple years after you graduate high school you get to "Wedding Phase"? You're lucky if you're one of the first to hit it so you don't get stuck single at wedding reception after wedding reception, always catching the bouquet, but that whole bit never actually working...
Well, a couple years after that you hit baby phase. You know, when everyone just starts poppin' them out, and instead of bridal showers, you're now attending baby showers. And ironically enough, much of the time, those who hitched the last (or close to last) ride on the wedding train are some of the first to get those cute little baby bumps...
hmmmm

Moving on, to hold me over until Taylor and I are ready for the baby phase, we decided to adopt a couple [yes two] baby dogs. 
Okay fine, that's not why we got puppies, we mostly just got them because Taylor is persuasive and puppies are super cute.

I just want to say, people, that puppies are a lot of freakin' work! They pee, everywhere. They poop, and that's gross. They stink, but they don't like baths [and washing two puppies is quite the task, let me tell you.] Kennel training, house training, simple commands...you don't get two years to work on those things, if you don't get it done in the first few weeks, you're basically screwed [especially if they're apartment puppies, like ours]. Needless to say, we weren't quite prepared for this, and we may have been slightly crazy getting two at once. Needless to say, when you work 40+ hours a week, and your husband has class everyday from 9-5, its not easy getting puppies outside to tinkle every hour...

Alas, we survived that stage, and things are much smoother now. And to be honest, I couldn't imagine our life right now without them.

So, the puppies:

This is Miss Coco [with those killer puppy eyes] is part Saint Bernard, and part Cocker Spaniel. I love her. Even though she's got a bad case of sleep incontinence, and drools like a maniac.

And this little guy is Indiana [or Dr. Jones, according to Taylor]. He's an Ausiedoodle. I love him too. Even though he gets dingle berries [TMI?] and likes to stand right behind me and trip me while I'm trying to make dinner. 

They are the best of friends, the other day I took Indy on a walk without Coco, and she waited by the door for close to 40 minutes waiting for us to get back. Completely oblivious to Taylor's presence, and available lap not 10 feet away from her.
So, even though they are a lot of work. and Coco is terrified of cars, and Indy likes to steals socks, and dryer sheets, and tissues...I am so happy we have them, and so glad we decided to get two! They are so well behaved [for the most part] and love cuddles, which is nice because so do I.

I now leave you with a plethora of puppy pictures.











1 comment :

  1. shut your mouth you take beautiful photos. lets start a running/photography group like zooey deschanel in "yes man"... but that means we'd have to get mopeds. not mad.

    ps ROCKING the great gatsby look. tried doing that to my hair like a zillion times and it never worked.

    ReplyDelete