Current Conditions

If I lived anywhere but Phoenix I probably be a little more exciting and a little less boring. I would probably go hiking when I had nothing else to do, or at least go for a run. I would probably be content walking to the nearest cute little boutique or going on a bike ride to no where in particular. I'm pretty sure I have some friend right down the street. I might even take up cooking all day long, because my kitchen wouldn't get nearly as uncomfortable from the oven being on. But I don't do many of these things, because I do live in Phoenix.

The A/C is turned off from 1pm to 8pm everyday, its 106 outside on a typical summer day, and I am at least wearing 3 layers {out of necessity} everyday, sometimes getting away with only 2. If I want cookies, or bread, or anything other than fruit, my oven or stove needs to be turned on. So no A/C plus the oven heating up the house...I don't think so. Instead, I sleep a lot {which I HATE because I wake up with a headache every time}, I watch a lot of ridiculously stupid shows on hulu {destroying what intelligence I do have}, I try and read, but its not easy to find books that keep my attention longer than 10 minutes these days. I don't have cable {and don't really want it, to be honest}, I already play my piano until I have trigger finger in all ten, and I have a minuscule number of dependable friends {and a good amount of not-so-dependable friends, but everyone needs those kinds too.} so, needless to say, I am bored.

I want school to start so badly! I want this last year to fly by, I want to finish school and start working! I want a full time job with cute little chillens {both to fill my craving for their cute little faces, and remind myself why I'm waiting 5 years to have any!}, and to not be such a lazy bum!

But school doesn't start until the 22nd, and until then I guess I'll just go to a lot of movies {by myself, as is the norm}, keep reading the first 3 chapters of a book and then moving on to another, probably sleep some more, possibly go for long drives in my air conditioned automobile {except then I'm paying for more gas, which defeats the purpose of turning off the A/C from 1-8...hmmm}, and dream of the day we live somewhere where its 85 degrees all year round, wouldn't that be lovely!

3 comments :

  1. Go volunteer some where! It would get you out of the house, and then you would be doing something for someone else and it would make you feel good. :) Or come visit all of your cousins with kiddos and you can play with our kids in our somewhat air conditioned houses. Good luck with a decision! -Michelle (and it isn't letting me use my google account. Weird.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I thought of another one. Go to the temple. They keep it pretty cool in there. Then you'll be cool and be serving too! :)
    And again, it won't let me use my google account, so, this is your cousin Michelle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could come hang out at my house... if you weren't allergic to Kitties!!! Awwww, so sad for my kitties... hahaha! Anyway, on days I do stay home (which are few and far between) I end up doing all of the little things (or as many as I can between Facebook, TV, blogging, Hulu watching...) that have been bugging me... But like I said... it doesn't happen often. :-( I would definitely like to not work... but, I might get bored after a year or two of it, if I didn't have kids. I would probably end up volunteering at one of my nieces or nephews classes... or sit at Jen's house with her all day. HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete