A Good End to a Great Summer

I'm finally almost caught up to the end of our summer vacation! After our trip to Jackson and Yellowstone time sped up and everything happened much too quickly. After two months we were definitely missing our home and were excited to get back, but also hadn't gotten to see or do nearly everything there is to see (people included) and do. I guess that just gives us something to look forward to for when we actually move back someday! Now, the rest of our summer, in photos.


When we got back from Wyoming, Taylor built this gorgeous crow's nest tree house in his parent's front yard for all the grandkids to decorate and play in. Our friend Billy Thompson helped and they knocked it out in a few days working hard all day (which, mind you, were all 110 degree days, so....yeah, we're lucky no one died of heat stroke). It turned out just perfect, pretty sure it will be well used.


I got to spend lots and lots of time with this cute kiddo before we headed back to D.C.! I Just love the Ning boys so so much and Bishop is no exception! He's just the sweetest, most cuddly little guy and I could just eat him up! I'm sad that we won't be this little and snugly next time I see him, I'm guessing he'll be just like his brothers and as soon as he can walk he won't be stopped! I can't wait to see him and his brothers again next time we're in Phoenix!

This is Marty, I think I've introduced him before, he is the only cat I have ever met that doesn't immediately send me to the ER in need of high doses of Benadryl, or a new prescription for an Epipen (since mine has long since expired). I like him, I mean, he's okay...for a cat.





We went up to Holbrook for a day to do family photos on our trip too, it was nice to have everyone together and it was super nice to see my favorite Oakleigh bear niece too! She's so funny! Holbrook is notorious for its suuuuuper windy days and this day was no exception, it was lucky we got any photos with us girllies' hair NOT in our faces! It was also pretty funny, whilst getting the photos taken, we look over to see goats climbing on top of my second-mother Loni's car, who was there helping with the photos. I'm so glad Taylor got to experience Holbrook the way I remember it, sketchy alley way goats and all!


I decided this summer that it was about time I do something teenage me would never have done, since I was so concerned with doing everything "right". So I dyed my hair pink, in the bathroom, late at night..it was oodles of fun! I really like pink hair, but I happened to chose a poor time to do it, as just a couple days later we left for LAKE POWELL and what with the sun, and the constant wet hair, it faded in less than 3 day! I was super bummed....which brings me to


and yes, this is the only photo I took, I'm really terrible at remembering to take pictures when I'm having so much fun! Maybe when we have kids I'll be better about it...Lake Powell 2013 was a blast! My little brother Caleb came along this year and it was fun to have him there! It was his first time for pretty much everything (wakeboarding, wakesurfing, paddle boarding, sleeping on a houseboat with 30 almost-strangers, playing card games (which doesn't happen, or at least didn't when I lived at home, too many sore losers..hah), girls vs. boys trivia with the Robinson's/Daniel's gets pretty intense)
I just love Lake Powell, next to Jackson it's probably my favorite place on earth.

since the pink faded so quickly, after LP I decided to give purple a try...that was fun, so much fun that I've kept a little lavender in my hair ever since! 

while we were at the lake we made the puppies live outside for a week, they hated it..the hated US when we got back too, this is Coco pouting...She pouted for several days and was constantly worried that we would lock her outside every time she went out to go, you know, potty. That girl loves her A/C.

my last selfie for this post! I just had to! Taylor and I have birthdays only a few days apart and for Taylor's birthday dinner my hair was being the nicest its ever been to me! Had to document!



For the past few years Taylor and his buddies have done an annual 'guys night', you see, Taylor is one of those lucky people who had AMAZING friends in junior high and high school who have remained AMAZING friends well into their late 20's, I don't think many people can say they have friends like that, at least I can't, anyways..Because the guys were all hanging out (and this goes into the next day, so it's not just dinner) my friend Emily (Taylor's friend Paul's wife :)) and I decided to have a little girls night! It was a blast! I just love these ladies! Also, I love that squishy baby I'm holding! Mr. Nolan Duke McKellar, I hope you realize that if I have a daughter, you will be betrothed, and you will be the perfect couple, because hello...cheeks, and hair, and eyes...seriously though, Paul and Emily, you guys made the cutest baby ever.

Needless to say, we had the summer of all summers this year! And while we were happy and anxious to get home to our little apartment here in D.C. we sure will miss Arizona this year! That's for treating us right Phoenix! See you...sometime!

No comments :

Post a Comment