That JUST happened!

At 7:35 my telephone rings. Not expecting a call from anyone I am in no rush to answer. I look at the screen, 'Robinson Casa'. Curiosity killed the cat.
I answer to a hysterical Susan {aka Mother-in-Law} asking for her son, I inform her that he is at the gym, and through her panic I understand 'theres a snake!'

at this point I start to chuckle under my breath, it is a well known fact that Susan is deathly afraid of snakes, I hear my sister-in-law sus in the background, who is also {apparently} deathly afraid of snakes. I offer my services, get dressed {because in case you didn't know I have a policy regarding fewer clothes than acceptable when not in public} and rush to the Biltmore to rescue my wonderful 2nd family from the evil snake. I have caught so many garter snakes it's nothing to me so I'm happy to help.

I arrive at the Robinson residence to find Mamma Robinson as far from the creature as possible, and a panicked {terrified, sweating bullets, hysterical} Susie trying to stay calm.
"it's upstairs under a Tupperware!" I'm informed, and I take the stairs two at a time.

I reach the snake..







and ALMOST laugh, and then remember that their fear is absolutely real, and probably not a good idea to poke fun at it.. Clearly plastic I pick up the snake, you can see dust gathering on it and that the paint has worn off. I try to politely agree with Susan and Susie that, yes, it totally looks real {not} and yes it could have been a dead snake {not} which is just as scary {not really}...

oh how I love little moments like these :)

4 comments :

  1. Ok, but who put the snake there? Hahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, no clue! they were trying to blame the plant lady...I think it must have been there for a while, I'm sure one of the grandkids at some point left it by accident...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny, and what's even more funny about it is that I totally JUST told my mom tonight that I should put a plastic snake in my dad's side of the bed because he's so afraid of them. I guess that's mean. I wasn't at their house though - I promise ;)

    ReplyDelete