Capable


I have a new life motto for myself, it is profound and true! and further more, susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if every one of my {limited number of} reader's decided to adopt my new found motto as well!

I've always been {more than} a little bit of a perfectionist, in the bad way. But when I found this quote by David Allen {whoever that is..} I realized how true it is, I am capable of doing ANYTHING, but I cannot do EVERYTHING! Epiphany!! 

I've lived my life desperately trying to be the Best at not only the things I enjoy...but EVERYTHING else as well! I hate to lose, and I hate to come in second, I hate to be showed up...on the other end, I LOVE to win, I LOVE to come in first, and I LOVE to show off! I guess I thought that beating everyone at everything would make the people I care about proud of me, that it would somehow get me where I wanted to be in life, but it did just the opposite, by trying so hard to be perfect I made my life stressful and hard, I made myself anxious, telling myself that if I WASN'T perfect at everything I was a failure, and life was worthless. But its not, I was SO wrong, and by thinking perfection should be my ultimate goal I made myself inefficient, I was too worried about doing EVERYTHING to enjoy myself!

Thank you David Allen {I'm guessing he's some sort of...physicist? Doctor? philosopher? poet? writer? artist?} for slapping me in the face and helping me realize how IMPERFECT and WONDERFUL I am :)

p.s. all of this applies to you too!  

1 comment :

  1. *LIKE*
    I think you and I have a LOT in common Kelcie. :)

    ReplyDelete