Singing Singing all day long

All motivation for anything has completely left me. All I want to do is sit around and read my book and eat brownies {or cookies} and ice cream all day...scratch that, all MONTH. But unfortunately I realized yesterday {I'm slow} that after spring break {during which I am working lots, because my husband doesn't get spring break} I have another class starting, plus organ lessons {which I am so super excited about!} and work, so no, Kelcie doesn't get a break, Kelcie doesn't get to sit in her jammie's and watch movies and read and eat junk all day, because {as I have to keep reminding myself} Kelcie is a full fledged adult now, no beating around the bush, I have responsibilities, and goals {which are rapidly changing to staying home and doing whatever I want, unrealistic, yes.}, and a home that needs cleaning, and dishes that need doing, and a yard that needs pruning, and homework that needs doing, and work that needs me! Life is staring me down, and honestly I'm a little more scared. 

Fortunately I have something called a TAYLOR {or Samuel Taylor if you will..} who loves me and takes care of me and has fun with me and accepts me even when I'm acting like NOT an adult :) I am just the luckiest!!

Sometimes I wish me and Taylor had more time to ourselves, I love helping other people, and it makes me feel good...But so does cuddling with my man watching movies, or going out because we AREN'T exhausted from everything we didn't get asked to help with that week {this never happens, we are always exhausted, and always doing something}. I know this may sound selfish, but sometimes I get angry when people ask for my help {I also LOVE helping I really do, I just wish it was spread out a little thiner}. I guess thats what we get for being Mormon, and owning a truck..and a trailer...go us. I have compiled a list of things Taylor and I COULD do if we ever get a weekend to ourselves:
Take a spur of the moment trip to Sedona to just RELAX {or anywhere else for that matter, but alone ;)}
Take the dead bushes out of our yard
Weed our yard
repaint the Arizona Room
shooting
camping
go on a picnic
movies
rock climbing {it has been SO long, but we're always so busy and tired}
bowling
ANYTHING TOGETHER

I don't every to think I'm a brat, or selfish {even though sometimes I am} I just look at our life now and I realize we will never get a break, we're always going to be busy and we're always going to be helping, and it will only get more so from here on out I am sure. I guess I shouldn't complain, I do know that because of all we do for others blessings are poured down on us like an Arizona summer monsoon {at least how they USED to be}. We have noticed these blessings and are grateful for them, but sometimes I don't know if its worth it.. {again, I sound stinky, but SOMEONE out there has to understand...?}

Well, my rant is over, there is nothing else new to share. PLEASE if you read this and were going to ask us for help, please still do, I don't want people to think we don't enjoy giving service!! I just had to vent a little, you understand..

3 comments :

  1. well i was going to ask if you could...just kidding. its totally okay to be selfish and want to do nothing and just relax. i'm right there with ya sista! you'll get a break eventually. just keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you mean. I'm that way myself right now. I love seeing people, helping people, but at the end of the day, I'm just so sick of everything else that all I want is to sit on the couch with Mike and not have to worry about something even as small as TALKING to someone else.... holding a conversation... let alone actually having to DO something for them. And then I tell myself not to feel guilty, because I deserve time for me too! You should do the same... You NEED to say no sometimes to save your sanity. And, maybe sometimes, you can beat someone to the gun and offer to help them... trust me it changes the feeling behind it completely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea Liz... I think you're on to something!

    ReplyDelete