And so it begins...

My intended schedule for school was as follows:
class starts at 8:15am, continuous back to back classes until 8pm on Tuesday and Thursday, full day, 17 credits. Three days before class starts I get a phone call..My 3-5 class has been cancelled, the only other day that class is available is m-w-f mornings for 8 weeks at the end of the semester {the days I work} in the morning. Okay, fine, I can deal with that! 8 weeks, no biggie! now I have a huge gap between class #2 and class #4 {or should I now say #3} but I can find SOMETHING to do. So I switch my schedule and go to class. 

First class=awesome, will be SO fun. Second class= disaster {my definition of, that being:} the online description said "designing floor plans, elevations, interior elevations using AutoCAD" {preface: I took 4 years of Drafting, 1 1/2 being drawing, the remainder AutoCAD, I also worked drafting for my Uncle Daniel the summer between junior and senior year of high school} but as I was sitting at my computer waiting for class to start, so excited to do home plans {again} I received the disappointed of my life{this semester anyway} the class is NOT CAD, well, not until the last 2 weeks of class, in fact this class is a beginner drafting class {NOT what the description said AT ALL} and for the first half of the semester we will be learning such things as 'how to draw a straight line with freehand' uhduh, 'how to correctly use a triangle' for reals? I learned that when I was three, 'how to draw correct architect lettering' seriously, how easy is that, 'how to erase properly', not that hard people, 'what an "aims lettering aide" is, and how it works' pfffff, 'how to draw a door frame... using a stencil' {I should tell you, it took him an hour, a entire hour to explain what these tools were, how to use them, and honestly, a stencil, because we're not old enough to use a compass? gahhhh, I was ripping out my hair, waiting for a good time to BOOK it out of there, torture, I learned this stuff in Jr. High}

 Finally, when the guy was done explaining the difference between a ruler and an architect's scale {in his words "a ruler is flat, a scale has 3 sides" seriously? you're an interior designer and can't think of a more legit way to describe the difference?????????????} he asked us to write a paper on the differences between landscape architect, and interior designer, whaaa? 

At this point, I returned my belongings to my bag, and politely attempted to excuse myself from the class, with every intention to drop it asap, but wait, the professor would like to explain to class that I'm "not up to the challenge" so I tell him quietly and very politely, that I learned everything he is teaching my freshman year of high school, that the final assignment he explained to us was the same as the second assignment I had in my interior rendering class at ASU..I think he got the point!!

So with the non-CAD-class gone, I am down to 14 credits, at first I was SUPER pissed {pardon my language} that my schedule wasn't what I had hoped, but today as I've been working and making my lists of things I want/need to do {I'm ALL about lists} I realized, maybe it's a good idea to have a lighter load this semester since I am working as well...so now I have a huge gap between class #1 and {previously class #4} which kind of ruins my chances of working {a job I like anyway} Tuesdays and Thursdays, but eh...I'll live ;)

So, even though it didn't turn out perfectly, I think my schedule will be great! and this semester will be awesome! I'm so glad I get to work this semester, and I'm grateful the DeCrows' still wanted me around! I wish I could take my fantasy CAD class, but it doesn't exist at PC, so maybe another time! I'll take it as a blessing in disguise and try to be grateful for how everything worked out!


No comments :

Post a Comment